Bird

Get Answers to Bird Care Questions. Ask a Bird Specialist.

Bird

My hen has a hard swollen belly, gave warm compress on belly

Customer Question
washed analysis area, Epson salt...
My hen has a hard swollen belly, gave warm compress on belly washed analysis area, Epson salt and water also a small en name with same, nothing happened yet
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. How old is with?
Customer: 5 or 6 years
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about with?
Customer: What e.se can I do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bird
8/17/2016
Bird Specialist: nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon replied 1 year ago
nekovet
nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Does the belly feel firm , fluidy, or can you feel an egg?

How is she generally?

August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist