August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I was just reading your blog responding to someone with a

Customer Question

I was just reading your blog responding to someone with a similar bird problem.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?
Customer: Our African Grey, about 15 years old, has a lump under her beak which just appeared overnight.
JA: Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the bird's name?
Customer: "Dr. Pepper"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the bird?
Customer: Well, She's a nervous bird and has removed most of her feathers. She has had respiratory problems in the past, but doesn't appear to be breathing abnormally right now.
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I checked my inbox and have not received a response. This was very misleading. Your representative said she was connecting me with a Vet. This is not something I sit around and wait 24 hours for. I want my my returned for your misleading approach. I have a sick bird and find it irreprehensible that you take advantage of people like this.
Expert:  August Abbott, CAS replied 12 months ago.

I'm so very sorry for the delay. On weekends it's difficult to predict how many of us are on or what times. Some of us are east coast; middle America, or in my case, west coast.

And I totally understand your frustration and angst. When a loved one is sick we want it fixed right away and would do anything to that end

Would you like me to work with you or would you like me to contact customer svc for you to get a refund. Either way, I am ready to help and can't apologize enough for the delay you've experienced