Bird

Ask a bird specialist.

Bird was spitting up, Seemed like a lot of fluid. Did it three times in a row while we were next to him, but seems to

Customer Question
She was spitting up ...

She was spitting up

Veterinarian's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the bird?

Seemed like a lot of fluid. Did it three times in a row while we were next to him, but seems to have stopped now.

Veterinarian's Assistant: Where does the bird seem to hurt?

Not showing signs of hurt, but there are pieces of plastic that she seems to have gotten out of her happy hut

Veterinarian's Assistant: OK. No obvious pain. What is the bird's name and age?

Raja 5 yrs old

Veterinarian's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Raja?

Had his checkup last week and the vet said he was doing great

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bird
Answered in 1 day by:
8/2/2016
Bird Specialist: Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist replied 1 year ago
Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist

I apologize that no one has responded to your question sooner. Different experts come online at various times. I just came online and saw your question. My name is ***** ***** I’m a biologist with a special interest in bird health. I'm sorry to hear of this incident. If you still need help, please let me know how Raja is doing now. Has there been any more spitting up?

Is she eating well? Passing normal droppings?

I would definitely remove the happy hut if she is consuming pieces of plastic from it.

Anna

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you for answering, I realize it is not your fault. I was besides myself with worry. At this point we took him to his vet and he is fine. I am very disappointed in this service.