DrMichaelSalkin
DrMichaelSalkin,
55012488

I have a emu who is a real picky eater. The only thing i can

Customer Question

I have a emu who is a real picky eater. The only thing i can get him to eat is rolled corn and I know that is not nutritious enough but I don't know what to do.
Category: Bird
Expert:  DrMichaelSalkin replied 1 year ago.

Cindy, I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. We don't have many avian vets on this site and even less with experience with emus. There's quite a bit of information on this site and links to other sites that should be helpful to you: http://www.sugarmapleemu.com/page.cfm?pageid=12

I would be concerned that Big Bird isn't well if he's so selective of an eater. If you have an avian vet who is willing to see an emu it would be prudent to schedule an exam with the vet. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.