August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me

Customer Question

JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
JA: Hi, I'm Pearl, the Veterinarian's Assistant. Please tell me what's wrong with the bird.
Customer: shes sleeping on the bottom of her cage and she's falling over herself
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the bird. What is the bird's name and age?
Customer: Dutchy. 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Dutch?
Customer: Lovebird. It just happened very abruptly. And she wants to snuggle in crevis. Like my shoulder or arm. She isn't appearing cold but she is appearing fluffed up and when she tries to walk it's a hop with her wings expanded
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long until I talk to the vet
Expert:  nekovet replied 1 year ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before and that computer system appears to have had an error when you posted. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

How long has she had these signs?

Any changes in her appetite, thirst, or stools?

Does Dutchy appear to be weak on either leg or wobbly in general?

Any access to toxins (airborne or ingestable) or any chance of head trauma?