Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 45 years of experience
55012488

6 week old ecletus parrot that can move its legs but has no

Customer Question

6 week old ecletus parrot that can move its legs but has no power in gripping or walking
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: nothing thre i,ve beenoing physio on it,s legs so it caan now stand but what can i do tomake it,s feet work
JA: What is the bird's name?
Customer: scarlet sorry abbout the tying i,m ol and have not much expience
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the bird?
Customer: eatin fine and very bright
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry that your question wasn't answered in a timely manner. You're necessarily constrained to making sure that Scarlet is eating a balanced diet so a nutritional deficiency isn't responsible for her paresis (weakness). My primary concern is a lack of vitamins A, B12, D3, and K as well as the mineral calcium. Nutritional imbalances are a common cause of illness in our pet birds. What has Scarlet's diet consisted of, please? Seeds should compose less than 20% of her diet. Ideally, a balanced pelleted diet such as can be found here: www.harrisonsbirdfoods.com or here: www.lafeber.com/pet-birds should be fed as well as hard boiled egg yolk, pancakes and cornbread, the tops of fresh greens, dairy products such as yogurt and cheese, fresh fruits such as apples, pears, melon, kiwi, and berries, vegetables such as broccoli, carrots, beets, asparagus, cabbage, sweet potato, and squash, and even tiny pieces of meat.A congenital (present at birth) skeletal defect should be considered as well and might be identified in X-rays. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is of no use to me done all this with my vet .i don,t want anymore contact thank you as you have taken more money than was put on th screen for a free consultation for $ 5.00 whcih by the way wasn,t free and have also taken $45.00 which i want refunded..tks
Please contact***@******.*** for questions concerning your financial obligation to the site.