Bird

Get Answers to Bird Care Questions. Ask a Bird Specialist.

Bird

My ducks legg lef leg JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question
***** ***** My ducks legg...
***** ***** My ducks legg lef leg
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Its right leg was grabbed by a small alligator and was twisted. We separated from the rest of the birds, I dont think it broke but was badly dislocated. I had it in a small crate to keep it from moving and would let it swim in the bath tub. I went a full day and a half with it immobilized in the crate and when I took it back out its other leg was completely lame as well Its been about two weeks since it was attacked and the injured leg is stating to work again but the uninjured leg is now swollen at the joint and it wont use it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Bird Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Bird
4/12/2016
Bird Specialist: nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon replied 1 year ago
nekovet
nekovet, Veterinary Surgeon
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me: Had the injured leg been unable to touch the ground (appearing too short)? Or had he been dragging it or unable to move his toes?Does he use it fully now that the other leg is affected?Had he had any wounds from the attack?Which joint is swollen? It is hard, hot, fluidy, or sore?Can you take a photo of this? If you can do so and post them online, it will let me see what you are seeing. To post them, you can either use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist