Anna
Anna, Bird Expert, Biologist
Experience:  Have owned and/or raised parakeets, finches, cockatiels, and poultry over a period of thirty years.
6012901

Is it safe to feed birds shredded bagel particles?

Customer Question

Category: Bird
Expert:  Anna replied 1 year ago.

y, Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I'm a biologist with a special interest in birds. I would like to help you today. Any food made with white flour is not a nutritious food for birds. Whole wheat bagels would be better, but they are still a processed food. If there are a lot of birds eating just a little bit each, the bagels would be safe as a treat. However, if fewer birds are eating larger quantities of them, it would not be good for them. In summary, I would not put out large amounts of bagels regularly, but a few as treats from time to time will be OK. If you have more questions about this, let me know in a REPLY. I hope this information helps. Anna