August Abbott, CAS
August Abbott, CAS, Certified Avian Specialist
Experience:  Cert. Avian Specialist; Int. Assoc.Animal Behavior Consult; Pet Ind. Joint Advisory Council; author
1604863

,
, I need to find an experienced [DABVP (Avian)]

Customer Question

Customer: Hello,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Bird Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I need to find an experienced [DABVP (Avian)] avian specialist for my amazon who has some difficult issues. I'm in southeastern Pennsylvania. I was going to Donald Zantop in Fallston Maryland, who was exceptional, but he died unexpectedly and I was referred to Nicole Wyre at U. of Pennsylvania, also exceptional. But she has relocated out of the area for the most part. My bird needs help but there's no avian vet there anymore. I don't know where to turn. Can you help us?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Bird
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm Dr. Jo and I'm a vet with more than 20 years of experience with parrots. How may I help you today?

Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I'm so sorry you're having this problem, but glad you're looking for the information you need. You may join the conversation at any time by typing in what you want to say then clicking REPLY or SEND. Then we can chat back and forth until you're satisfied with the information I've provided.
So I may know we're properly connected and that you understand how the website works (including that I'll need to earn your good rating in order to receive any compensation for helping you), please type in a short response below. You may rest assured you'll have my full attention and will receive a complete response once I know you're there.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr J,
I was initially connected to Dr G but after I paid my deposit, the site asked for my email and password, which I entered. It then said the password ***** match the records from the past so I tried to reset it. I got an email that said here is a temporary password ***** there was nothing there. I tried to email back bt no one has responded. I don't remember ever being locked ot of Jst asnswer before. I paid my money, why won't the system let me in?
Expert:  Dr. Jo replied 1 year ago.

I want to be as helpful as possible, and you can rest assured I'm a great avian vet, but I'm afraid I'm unable to help you with website issues. Fortunately there is an excellent customer service department that can help you with that. They're really good at what they do and can help you navigate the website successfully.

I'll encourage you to contact them and let them know what kinds of problems your having.

I'll OPT OUT of your question for now so you can continue with Dr. G.

Thanks, ***** ***** luck to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just as happy to have help from you. I will keep trying to get to you. Thank you for responding.