Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My son had been prescribed Risperdal from 1999-2004 at the…

Customer Question
My son had been prescribed...
My son had been prescribed Risperdal from 1999-2004 at the age of 10 and was after that symptomatic and developed breast tissue which was later diagnosed as gynecomastia.As his mother, I trusted his psychiatrist who prescribed this medication to my son. I did not know that this medication was not FDA approved and caused major side effects and as an adult he has breast. Johnson and Johnson have offered $25,000 which is nowhere equivalent to what others who had the same experience that my son had.I found an attorney who wants 40% of this including attorney fees.Is it against the law for attorneys to charge over 20% of settlement for bodily injuries
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello,I would like to speak with a Lawyer about Lawyer fees please.
6/1/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: richanne96, Attorney replied 2 months ago
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney

What state are you in? Are you saying there is a state law in your jurisdiction that limits personal injury attorneys to 20%? If so, and if an attorney wants 40%, then obviously you would not choose to sign a contract with that attorney. It is pretty common for personal injury attorneys to get 1/3 if a case settles early and 40% if it goes to trial.