Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My son had been prescribed Risperdal from 1999-2004 at the…

Customer Question
My son had been prescribed...
My son had been prescribed Risperdal from 1999-2004 at the age of 10 and was after that symptomatic and developed breast tissue which was later diagnosed as gynecomastia.As his mother, I trusted his psychiatrist who prescribed this medication to my son. I did not know that this medication was not FDA approved and caused major side effects and as an adult he has breast. Johnson and Johnson have offered $25,000 which is nowhere equivalent to what others who had the same experience that my son had.I found an attorney who wants 40% of this including attorney fees.Is it against the law for attorneys to charge over 20% of settlement for bodily injuries
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Hello,I would like to speak with a Lawyer about Lawyer fees please.
6/1/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: richanne96, Attorney replied 22 days ago
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney

What state are you in? Are you saying there is a state law in your jurisdiction that limits personal injury attorneys to 20%? If so, and if an attorney wants 40%, then obviously you would not choose to sign a contract with that attorney. It is pretty common for personal injury attorneys to get 1/3 if a case settles early and 40% if it goes to trial.