Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

In 2015 I had my left knee replaced for the 2nd time by the…

Customer Question
In 2015 I had...

In 2015 I had my left knee replaced for the 2nd time by the same doctor. On December of 2016.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

In 2015 my left knee.was replaced for the 2nd time and in December 2016 it had to be scoped again. The doctor released me on December 331 of 2016 which was also.the same day he retired. Now I am going to Mayo Clinic to have the same knee re6again. Do I have a chance at getting any compensation for all of my pain and suffering? The same doctor did the first 2 surgeries

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I have copies from all my doctors of my.medical papers but no one seems to be able to help me. I spent a year going to Iowa City so it went past the 2 year time period for the surgeries. Am I still able to get help

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Mayo said the knee was put in wrong and the pins are loose

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 day by:
5/26/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: richanne96, Attorney replied 2 months ago
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney

It is going to depend on when Mayo told you the knee was put in wrong. Was that more than two years ago? If not, you may be OK because the statute of limitations does not start to run until you knew or should have known about the malpractice. Although you may have been having ongoing problems with your knee, a good malpractice attorney could probably argue successfully that you could not have known the extent of the malpractice until Mayo told you the knee was actually put in wrong.