Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My dentist suggested upper crowns veneers. I denied for

cosmetic reasons and then she...
My dentist suggested upper crowns veneers. I denied for cosmetic reasons and then she said it was needed due to condition of my teeth which my last dentist never advised. I declined again advising that I just wanted the bridge snd how i was not mentally ready to make that devision Each visit I thought I was coming for the bridge or fillings and she just talked about the crowns. She never advised or risk and advised my concerns would not become my reality. I just found out that my bridge was there for over a month and was lied to when I asked about it. In addition the crowns were not needed due to condition of my teeth per insurance company. If she did not want to be truthful about the extensive procedure she could have provided an informed consent form but she didn’t. She lied about the condition of my teeth, the bridge I paid in full for being already in, provided no informed consent, and advising my concerns would not happen instead of advising it was a possibility. There were a few other things discovered as well which were a host of lies to assist her strategy. I changed my mind and got the crowns based on lies she told and was not able to make an informed decision. My general doctor is very honest with me and advise me of risk associated with medications etc and I thought me dentist would do the same for such an irreversible procedure. Is this normal with dentist and as a doctor is this even ethical?? Is this standard level of care for dentist? I have been experiencing pain, swelling and burning still 5 months later. I spoke with a lawyer and he advised that he could not take the case and I am not sure why. I have a 40 page document with before and after pics and details. I feel like I truly have a case. Do you know why the lawyer would decline taking my case?
5/19/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
Greetings and welcome to the site. I am in the process of reviewing your question and working on a reply! I will be right back!
Are you asking if you have a claim or why lawyer declined to take it or both?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Both
Ok some lawyers decline either for lack of expertise or dont think they will make large enough fees.On review of your facts, you have a good case. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.A letter from you or a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it! It also may produce from the other side admissions or agreementIf the other side considers risk, legal fees and time you should get the outcome you seekBy being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement! Insurance will often settle.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Would it be better for me to go with a personal injury lawyer or medical malpractice lawyer?
Malpractice. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Infolawyer, Attorney
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thankyou
Much appreciated!