Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I had a settlement agreement with a gas company in the

Customer Question
I had a settlement...

I had a settlement agreement with a gas company in the 1980's as a 3 year old child who suffered burns. My parents represented me and the settlement was very small and put into a structured annuity. Is this something that could be revisited?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Alabama

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing. Just considering it now as it seems unjust.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: richanne96, Attorney replied 19 days ago
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney

This likely may not be revisited because of the settlement agreement, but also the Statute of Limitations, which would have begun running once you reached the age of majority. The statute in Alabama is two years for negligent personal injury. So once you turned 18, you had two years to file any claim for personal injury.

richanne96
richanne96
richanne96, Attorney