Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have a question regarding a small claims case. The

Customer Question
Greetings, I have a question...
Greetings, I have a question regarding a small claims case. The defendant's insurance company was negligent in responding to the property damages (car) demands which caused unnecessary wage loss. Can I present this fact in court even though the insurance company is not one of the defendants. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/31/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Bill Attorney, Lawyer replied 3 months ago
Bill Attorney

Dear Customer ,

Thank You for posting your civil procedure question this evening. I'm attorney Bill following up on your legal request.

Because you are suing for damages you can give specifics of all your consequential damages.

The insurance company can be added upon motion and or request to the court by either you the plaintiff or the defendant.

If you would like to add the insurance company as a defendant you request the clerk to amend your claim.

The process is explained here:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1387.htm

In relation to your wage loss if this was a proximal consequence to the defendant'd conduct then judge can award this amount.

We are here to help so please follow up with me as required.

I'm an independent legal expert and rely on your positive feedback today to get a credit for my time .

You do this by rating 5*****, 4**** or better.

FIVE STARS or your rating is much appreciated.

Thanks

Attorney Bill

Dear Attorney Bill,Thank you for clear and thorough response. The wage loss (I think rather economic loss, since I was working for Lyft at the time) is in consequence of the insurance companies actions and not the defendant's. Kindly, I am understanding from your advice that I should not add this to the case, unless the insurance company is added as defendant? Thank you for your help!

Thanks for your your follow up.

You are entitled to add all damages that are reasonable proximal and foreseeable to the defendant's conduct.

If the insurance company's are acting on the defendant's behalf there would be scope to add this loss.

If the insurance company is your insurer then this may be not reasonably related to the defendant's harm and liability.

Thanks

Attorney Bill