Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Looking for an animal malpractice lawyer in new hampshire.

Customer Question
Looking for an animal...

Looking for an animal malpractice lawyer in new hampshire

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a NH lawyer about this?

No I am looking for a lawyer in NH

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Ok long story short my puppy went to the vet to get spayed. After having issues since she had the surgery in October I have change vets and today she underwent surgery again because the previous surgeon left a a whole ovary a partial ovary and a partial uterus and a lot of scar tissue from her cutting the uterus and the ovary

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I’m not sure

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/29/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Attorney Wendy, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Attorney Wendy
Attorney Wendy, Attorney

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney, though I am not located in New Hampshire, I am going to provide you some information that be helpful in considering your options in this unfortunate situation. It certainly sounds like this is a case of veterinary malpractice. That said, under the law our furry family members are viewed simply as personal property. Though animal cruelty laws and some court decisions are beginning to understand the companionship, relationship and bond between a pet and the pet's owner, you are still unlikely to recover in any lawsuit much more than your out of pocket costs related to the first vet's errors. So, in addition to finding an attorney who may help you recoup those costs, there are other steps you can take to address this situation and hopefully help the next person and their pet from experiencing something similar. The first is to report the veterinarian to the New Hampshire Board of Veterinary Medicine. Below is that Board's instruction on submitting a complaint:

A complaint must be in writing. The complaint must include the name and address of the veterinarian you are filing the complaint against and/or the name and address of the practice you are filing the complaint against. Please include the pertinent information in approximately 1-3 pages long. You may send the complaint to:

Board of Veterinary Medicine
PO Box 2042
Concord, NH###-##-####br />OR you may email it to us at: *****@******.***

The next thing you may wish to consider is to see if there is a veterinary medicine association in the county where this occurred and to consider a report to that association as well.

If you do decide to seek legal counsel to take legal action, you will want to ask your new/current veterinarian to provide a statement and, ultimately to be a witness should there be a trial, as to what was found when the second surgery was performed on your poor puppy and about any additional treatment that was required because of the first veterinarian's negligence.

I hope this is helpful and, again, I am so sorry for your poor puppy and for the stress and concern I am sure you have been experiencing. If you need additional assistance, please reply to this email. If I answered your question and provided excellent service, I would greatly appreciate your 5 star rating at this time.

Please note: This information is for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No course of action is being proposed and no attorney-client relationship or privilege has been formed as a result of this conversation.

I wanted to check back in to see if there was anything else with which I could help you regarding this issue.