Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have a you g friend in Fl. She bought auto ins from geico…

I have a you...

I have a you g friend in Fl. She bought auto ins from geico with personal injury protection benefits/property damage liability, but not bodily Injury coverage, but thought she had. She’d asked fir comprehensive and collision. The same day, after the insurance was purchased, her spouse had a wreck, was at fault. Rear end collision. Both drivers denied injury to police. Several days later, the other driver claimed he is injured. Geico told her she’s not covered for his injuries. Now geico has contacted her and said they’re investigating whether or not their coverage was in effect at the time of the accident. My questions are, isn’t insurance effective at the time of purchase? If she has personal injury coverage, wont that cover the other driver? Should she get an atty?

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Florida, no idea if they have them, both drivers denied injury at the scene. Neither went to ER from the scene to my knowledge

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Anything such as?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

3/25/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Insurance policies state an effective date/time on the policy and on the insurance cards with GEICO. She received a binder of insurance at the time she bought the policy and it says the date and time the policy is effective AND it will also state the terms of coverage she had.

She has to get the binder and also, if GEICO records all policy orders if made on the phone, so if she ordered that coverage, she will end up having to sue GEICO and then prove that it was their mistake to hold them liable.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you!!

Thank you.