Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Have a question about personal injury. Had two foot surgerys…

Hello, have a...

Hello, have a question about personal injury. Had two foot surgerys and now i have more problems then before. I am in a boot sice 1 year and doctor should just remove the bunion and work on the other toes. After the first surgery the bones didnt grow together. . He told me i need a second one. After this he said it looks good, everything will healing. Two weeks ago he told me ops did not work again. . Need a surgery again

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NM

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I contact a speciallist in germany and send ihm all xrays and reports

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Think not

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
The german doctor means my foot looks horribel and the bones are not in the right position. I have pain since 1 year and take oxycodon sice one year. I am not able to wear regular shoes because its to painful and my foot is very swollen. The first surgery was in April 17 the second one in November 17. After both surgerys 12 weeks non weight bearing and just leying on the Sofa.
I am just 4 years in the states (german Military ) and i lost until now 1 year because was not able to do something.
The injurance paid over 300.000$ and i paid over 6000 $ from my pocket for homecare. For what? For pain and a foot looking more bad than before.
End it looks like it will not end because i know i need another surgery.
Customer reply replied 30 days ago
During the first surgery i woke up i remember me and also the doctor told it me the next day.
This is not written in the surgery report too
Answered in 1 day by:
3/25/2018
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

What you should do is reach out to a medical malpractice attorney in New Mexico who can help you. It sounds like you might not have been made aware of the risks of the surgery or that the doctor is not providing effective treatment. Either way, this would be considered medical malpractice and you could recover money for the suffering that you have now and in the future as well as the costs of surgery in the future to make yourself better.

You should try looking on avvo.com for a medical malpractice attorney in your area who can help you with this case.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
What do you think is realistic for suffering and recover money? Do you know a good layer in nm? Makes it sence to go to a lawyer in the same town where the doctor is?
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How long does a case take because I am just until December in the states
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I have an appointment with a doctor in Germany in 2 weeks, he said I need another surgery but he can not work on a swollen foot and I have to fly 3 times to Germany then
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Please give me more information and maybe an example for a case like mine
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Should i talk to my health insurance about it because they pay a lot of money for the surgery’s and i think they want there money or a part of it back

Yes, you should reach out to your health insurance. They might be willing to put you in touch with a lawyer or even represent you themselves with their lawyer in order to help you recover your damages.

As for how long a case takes, it might take longer than December, but hopefully, you can hire an attorney who will settle the case on your behalf before then. Most cases don't go to trial and will eventually settle.

For how much money you recover, you would need to speak with an attorney and sit down with them, show them your injuries and medical bills and they can give you a better answer than I can. And if you are going to have lasting damage, that will increase recovery substantially.

And unfortunately, I am unable to recommend specific attorneys from this website, but you should be able to use avvo.com to find one who comes with good recommendations from previous clients.

I hope this has been helpful. Is so, please provide a positive rating so I get credit for helping you today. 5 stars would be greatly appreciated!
Customer reply replied 27 days ago
Hello again, today i called the injurance but they cant help me.
I have problems to find a attorny because all are telling me that they just do cases like this after a exident. Is there a possibility that you write me 2 or 3 sentences that discribe my case? Maybe they do not understand what i want because i know my english is not good enough. Thank you

What you are looking for is a medical malpractice attorney who can represent you with regards ***** ***** foot surgery that is resulted in lasting injuries. Another doctor has reviewed your case and found that you need additional surgeries and you might have lasting medical issues. You are looking for a medical malpractice attorney who can possibly represent you and try to negotiate a settlement with the doctor/hospital.

Please remember to provide a positive rating before you go!

Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney
Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Hello,Sorry for asking again but talked to the insurance today and they told me they couldn’t help me. I asked them if they not interested that they paid so much for “nothing “ and the lady said no... we are just paying. They also can not help me finding a lawyer.
My question again .. makes it scene to ask a lawyer here in town or is it a problem because the doctor has his office also in town

If it's a small town, it might make sense to find a lawyer from a larger area so there aren't conflicts. But if it's not a small town, it shouldn't be a big issue to find a lawyer in town.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
Hello, it looks like it is a big issue to find a lawyer because they asked me whats happend and then they tell me they do not take new clients. Other lawyer means its not a case. .. what is the problem with my case? I do not understand .
Thelawman2
Thelawman2
Thelawman2, Attorney