Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have been taking Oxycodone 30 mg with 180 tablets per

Customer Question
I have been taking...

I have been taking Oxycodone 30 mg with 180 tablets per month for 8 years now. I had to go to a new Pain Management doctor and he just felt like he was going to drop my strength level to 20 mg and the count to 112 per 28 days. I tried to work with him on this, but it has cased me a lot of trouble. I fell into my tub and could not get out last week and i ended up in the emergency room that night. I just broke my foot friday night and i told my foot doctor what the pain management doctor did to me. He told me I needed to go to a different pain management doctor to get back to my 30 mg with my 180 count per month. Couldn't I sue this pain management doctor for doing this to me>

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Nevada

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

Nothing as far as law stuff just now contacting you

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else. Can you?

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/22/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 28 days ago
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, there would not be any legal recourse against the medical doctor under the facts similar to the ones described in your question, because each medical doctor has professional discretion as to what medication and dosage to prescribe and any indirect injury damages related to the doctors decision to prescribe lower dosage of medication would not be legally actionable.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and good luck!

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
How else should I have asked the question that would have put me in a legal right to sue this doctor?For 8 years I have not had this problem and now that this young cockey Doctor showed his so called power to run over me and case me harm was really mean on his part to cause me these issues. I hate these doctors in Nevada. A lot of the doctors I have seen lately have just received their degrees and handling practice in our area, because Nevada is having a hard time finding qualified doctors to handle the older adults now having to still live in this area.There has to be something I can do.Governor Sandoval’s son took my medication and then got drunk, which killed his son. He has a Van data to set out to hurt anyone that are receiving this type of medication and a van data to any doctor writing this type of medication. He has threatened the doctors who write this prescription by taking their licenses. This is not correct for these people, including myself to receive this type of medical care for ourselves.Are you telling me there is nothing I can do about this. I did not brake my foot on purpose. These cockey doctors and this idiot Governor is causing danger to my health.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No I do not want u to call me

Thank you for your follow up.

I cannot comment on your specific situation, but generally, each medical doctor has full professional discretion when it comes to prescribing any medication and its dosage, especially medication that contains narcotic and if the patient doesn't agree with the doctor's determination related to the prescription and/or dosage, the only option that patient would have is to look for another medical doctor.

Generally, there would not be any legal proximate cause between dosage of medication and any bone fracture suffered by the patient, thus no legal recourse against the doctor would exist under similar circumstances.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.

Personal Injury Lawyer: Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law replied 8 days ago

Thank you

Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law