Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My mother went through a second case of breast cancer. The…

My mother went through a...
My mother went through a second case of breast cancer. The surgeon reccomended a double mastectomy. She has had excutiating pain along with scar tissue adhession from the surgery. Every nurse and other doctors look in shock from the damage. The same hospital has also left an I.V. in her arm and discharged her even though she had a high risk band on her arm. I have spoke. With several attorneys in the area. Every one of them have said that i have a solid malpractice case. But when they hear the doctors name, they all have said it will be hard to find an attorney in the area, possibly the entire state, that would take the case. This doctor has powerful friends in high places. One attorney even called him untouchable in this area. How can that be possible, are their any options in this situation?
3/18/2018
Roger, Attorney

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'm licensed in Mississippi. I'll be glad to assist.

Because our state is small, it is not unusual for these type situations to crop up occasionally. That said, your best option is to seek out a personal injury/medical malpractice lawyer in a larger town, or in an area that is far from where the doctor lives. The distance should help. Also, it may even be necessary to consult a lawyer in another state who is licensed in Mississippi as well.

If you want to do a state-wide search, you can visit www.martindale.com and search for the best medical malpractice lawyers in the state (or by town).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will that site let you search for attorneys in a state that are certified somewhere else. Because we have spoken with attorneys in hattiesburg and jackson. Both areas wont touch it, they say to keep looking. Because they felt it was a solid case.

As far as I'm aware, it will list all lawyers licensed to practice in Mississippi.

If you're on the coast, New Orleans and Mobile would be good options, too.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Im in hattiesburg, so i can get there.

That's probably going to be your best option if you've not had any luck in Jackson or Hattiesburg.

Roger, Attorney
Roger, Attorney