Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I need help reviewing a medical report for social security…

Customer Question
I need help reviewing a...
I need help reviewing a medical report for social security
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
my son wasn't found medically equal to the listing, however he was marked in two of the functioning domains... what does this mean? Thank you for your help
Answered in 1 day by:
3/18/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

This means the doctor checked the wrong block initially and they changed their mind and then checked the "marked" disability block. It means that there is a disabling condition and it is evident and the doctor crossed out the less than evident block because it was checked by mistake.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Okay but since he didn't medicallly equal or meet the listings. Does being marked in two of the functioning domains normally suffice for him qualified as disabled?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, generally, meeting 2 of the three criteria is enough to qualify for disability. It is not just meeting the criteria, it will be coupled with the doctor's testimony eventually about whether or not your son can perform at any job

Really what you posted of the form tells us very little if nothing at all, because it only shows those three criteria and there is more to the medical report for disability than those three things.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i attached 3 pages of the report scanning remaining 3
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
scan around his ssn, so this is the front page and the last page

Thank you for your reply.

According to the report, there is an inability to communicate and a profound language defect. However, it also says that there is not significant enough impairment from neurological consults on page 2, which seems to conflict with everything else in the report that was completed.

At this point a case like this is heading to a hearing and this doctor will have to testify regarding them saying he has marked disabilities in some but not all areas and not others.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
what does that say on page 2? It says no co- something but I can't read it.. that is my point and why i've asked an expert because the function report seems to conflict with the rest ( but it is my understanding if there is 2 marked.. it functionally equals the listing)... thats why I also posted my intial question of wether this physician checked marked or exed it out because that is also difficult to read and understand. He put explanations under the ones he checked marked and no explanations under the other... I am confused as what I should do.. should I ask for a supplemental hearing to get a better understanding because I did write a letter to the judge
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is the letter I sent the judge after getting that report.. Do you think this was a good idea? Im so confused :/On the Medical Interrogatory exhibit, the Physician checked both marked and less than marked in the Domain of Acquiring and Using information. Under the “functioning and discussing the evaluation” it says inability to communicate. It is my assumption that he put marked because of the explanation underneath, but I would like to be 100% certain of what the document reads prior to making a decision for a supplemental hearing. I also have written statements from the speech pathologist and speech therapist he sees at Our Childrens Rehab. Thank you for your time and thank you for allowing me to review the medical interrogatory exhibit.

Sincerely,

Thank you for your reply.

I could not read page 2 either.

Without having a real doctor evaluate your son and speaking to the doctor face to face, I cannot tell you what the doctor meant by this.

I would also seek to subpoena the doctor to make him appear and testify, since he needs to explain himself and only he can explain why the report answers seem to conflict.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
fair enough, thank you sir

Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney