Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

What does: "Ordered that Plaintiff Motion to Compel (Docket…

Customer Question
What does: "Ordered that Plaintiff...
What does: "Ordered that Plaintiff Motion to Compel (Docket #16000) be and the same is hereby denied."
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
3/15/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: RobertJDFL, Attorney replied 4 months ago
RobertJDFL, Attorney

Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a licensed attorney and look forward to helping you. I am reviewing your question and will reply back shortly.

Good afternoon,

A motion to compel is a request to a court to order either a party to a court case or a third person to do something. A party who fails to obey a motion to compel may face court sanctions, including penalties for contempt of court. They're commonly used in discovery disputes -such as when one party fails to turn over documents, or refuses to answer interrogatories or a Request for Admissions, for example.

This statement simply means that Plaintiff's Motion to Compel (whatever they were trying to compel) is denied. So the court has denied the Plaintiff's request to have the other party do whatever it is they were asking for.

the term: "..... be and the same is hereby denied as Moot" has no special significance other than the Court's denial? Correct?

Correct. Apologies for the delay, I was attending to another matter.

Please let me know if I may provide you with any follow-up information or may clarify my answer for you in any way. Otherwise, please remember to take a moment to leave a positive rating for my by clicking on the stars at the top of the page. Doing so costs you nothing extra, but it is the only way experts like myself are credited by the website. You can always reply back (at no additional cost) after rating should you need additional assistance. Thank you.