Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I have received a case management order with the clause

Customer Question
PRETRIAL. Is this something that...
I have received a case management order with the clause PRETRIAL. Is this something that is simply filed with the court and/or defendant or is this something that the court sets for a hearing and everyone appears?Pretrial:A pretrial memorandum shall be filed at least fifteen (I 5) days prior to the trial date.
The pretrial memorandum shall include, at a minimum: 1) A list of witnesses that will be called; 2) A list of
proposed exhibits (Plaintiff shall use numbers and Defendant shall use letters); and 3) Proposed jury
instructions (one clean set and one set with authority), if applicable. The parties may include such other
information and pretrial briefing as they determine necessary to promote an efficient and expeditious trial.
A pretrial conference has not been scheduled at this time. The court may set a pretrial conference on its
own motion or upon timely motion by a party.
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 day by:
3/13/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.
.
Based on what you've copied and pasted it states that there is PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM due... a document where you list, as indicated above, witnesses, exhibits, etc. This is different from a PRETRIAL CONFERENCE which, based on the rest of the cut/pasted message you've included hasn't been site. A pretrial memorandum SHALL be filed - which means it MUST be filed while a pretrial conference MAY be set (which means it CAN be set if the courts wants to set it or if one or both of the parties request it). Please let me know if I've answered your question. If I have answered your question, if you wouldn't mind, could you please take a moment to submit a rating so that I receive credit for working with you. If you have any follow up questions I would be *happy* to answer them. Experts only get credit for the time and effort we spend on our answers if you rate positively - 5 stars is definitely appreciated but not required! It DOES NOT cost you anything at all to submit a rating; it just allows me to get credit for helping you - otherwise I get no credit at all. You CAN still ask follow up questions after rating. There may be a lag between your question and my answer; this is because I'm either not at my computer or helping someone else but I assure you I will ALWAYS come back and answer your question.

Hi Dave. I just wanted to follow up to make sure you received the information I sent to you. Based on what you've copied and pasted it states that there is PRETRIAL MEMORANDUM due... a document where you list, as indicated above, witnesses, exhibits, etc. This is different from a PRETRIAL CONFERENCE which, based on the rest of the cut/pasted message you've included hasn't been site. A pretrial memorandum SHALL be filed - which means it MUST be filed while a pretrial conference MAY be set (which means it CAN be set if the courts wants to set it or if one or both of the parties request it).

Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney