Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I'm considering buying a small house strictly for convention…

I'm considering buying a small...
I'm considering buying a small house strictly for convention purposes/house parties. I'm aware of liability. How can I ensure that I am not liable for any ppl that show up, get drunk, injure themselves once they leave, and sue me? How can I bulletproof this plan legally, including police. I'm considering enforcing 21+ and hiring a certified bartender.
3/11/2018
Infolawyer, Attorney
In addition to the above, have liability insurance and ensure the owner is an entity and not you personally. Disallow minors and have security.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
oh so this is what nightclubs do and how they're able to get away
what if security guards cause physical damage to the patrons
The guards should be hired from an insured company. Key is insurance!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
oh so the insurance and legal terms passes the hot potato similar to how law enforcement agencies lateral pass duty due to jurisdictiondon't patrons got to sign a contract so that I'm not liable b4 door entry?
Exactly. Patron waiver and releases are not effective but I would still use them too.Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. That’s how I get paid by the site. Much appreciated!
damn, so ur saying best thing I can do is minimize risk thru liability insurance but there will be liability payouts if shit hits the fan and yeah I 5 star u
Exactly. Thanks. You should have a rating button to enter that in.
Infolawyer, Attorney