Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I had an infection on my foot, so my wife took me to the…

I had an infection on...
I had an infection on my foot, so my wife took me to the hospital er and I was seen by a doctor. The doctor ordered an X-Ray of my foot and later he came to tell that something was inside my foot, but that he was not gonna dig it out. He prescribed me Bactrim and Doxycycline, this was on Frifday. By Monday my foot was swollen, reddened and painful. My wife got on the phone and ;located a podiatrist surgeon and he saw me right away. As soon as he saw me he said I needed surgery that evening. So the surgeon opened up my foot and removed the object and left the wound open with antibipotcs, I was admitted to the hospital with if zosyn and vancomycin every 8 hours. By the 4 th day I was taken back to surgery for closing of my open wound. My potassium level was up due to being prescribed Bactrim and Doxy. Per my neurologist a chronic kidney diseas patient like myself is not suppose to take these two antibiotics. The ER Doctor knew my history and did not seem to be concerned with my foot infection. This doctor failed to properly diagnose and treat my infection. Admit to hospital based on my health history, treat me the correct antibiotics, refer immediately to podiatrist surgeon. Put me in a close to death situation when my potassium levels shot up and I stressed so much. On October13 I had to have my 5th toe amputated and the infection was inside the bone. I was released home and had to continue with I've zosyn every 8 hrs which I administered Orr my wife. I was referred to a wound care physician and hyperbaric oxygen chamber treatments for 40 treatments. Do I have reason to sue??
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2018
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

I think you have great facts here.These are contingent fee cases so why not use lawyer to review the medical records an hopefully pursue this for you.You only pay if there is a recovery.You need to act quickly here.

Lawyer referral

Contact us by phone:(###) ###-####(Toll Free), Monday - Friday, CST, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The call-in service is closed on legal holidays.

Like a lot of states, Texas has a specific statute of limitations for medical malpractice cases. You can find this law at Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code section 74.251. The key provision of this statute says:

“No health care liability claim may be commenced unless the action is filed within two years from the occurrence of the breach or tort or from the date the medical or health care treatment that is the subject of the claim or the hospitalization for which the claim is made is completed.

I appreciate the chance to help you , you can still sue here and seek recovery for your harm.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is sincerely ***** ***** to you here with all of this.

Reference to the law.

Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare professional or entity harms a patient during the course of treatment. However, for this harm to constitute the basis for a medical malpractice claim, it must be considered negligence.

Medical negligence occurs when a doctor or other healthcare provider breaches, or violates, his or her duty of care to the patient. This duty of care, which is also known as a standard of care, will vary based on a number of factors, including the patient's age and specific health condition. The standard of care will also vary depending on the state the medical treatment is administered in.

f a medical malpractice lawsuit goes in your favor, you will be entitled to damages. Damages are monetary awards to compensate you for your injuries. These damages can take many forms including economic damages, which reimburse you for medical bills and lost wages due to missed days at work. They can also be non-economic damages, which include payment for pain and suffering. In some instances, there can even be punitive damages, which are meant to punish a healthcare professional who commits malpractice out of maliciousness.

According to Texas malpractice law, there are caps that limit the amount of damages a plaintiff (the injured patient filing the lawsuit) can try to get from the defendant (the medical provider being sued).

Texas places a $250,000 cap on non-economic damages for all doctors and other individual healthcare providers. There is also a $250,000 non-economic damages cap placed on each hospital. In total, for all hospitals and other institutions, there is a $500,000 non-economic damages cap. This means that if you file suit against a doctor, the most you can try to claim for non-economic damages is $250,000, while the most you can claim from any one hospital is $250,000 as well.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney
RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney