Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

2018-03-07 0945 WedIf an attorney acts outside the Rules of…

Second opinion] 2018-03-07 0945 WedIf...
Second opinion] 2018-03-07 0945 WedIf an attorney acts outside the Rules of Professional Conduct, can he be sued personally or would I have to sue his law firm or could I do both?
Answered in 1 day by:
3/10/2018
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Kindly note that I just came across your post. I do not have control over the question list or the promises made to you by the site as to the response time. I am just a site user just like you. Nonetheless, I apologize for the delay in response to your post.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

If you receive a phone call offer, kindly disregard the offer. The offer is being made to you automatically by the site and not by me. Also, I do not participate in the phone call program.

Your Question:

[Second opinion] 2018-03-07 0945 WedIf an attorney acts outside the Rules of Professional Conduct, can he be sued personally or would I have to sue his law firm or could I do both?

Response: You have to sue both the Attorney and the law firm the Attorney works for because the law firm is vicariously liable for the action of its employee, the Attorney.

Goodluck with your case,

<p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating. However, that is how I get paid for answering questions on this site. <p style="margin-top:2.5pt;margin-right:0in;margin-bottom:2.5pt;margin-left:
0in;line-height:12.5pt">

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law