Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

A CVS pharmacist administered my flu shot approximately ten…

A CVS pharmacist administered my...
A CVS pharmacist administered my flu shot approximately ten weeks ago. I recently mentioned to him that I have constant pulsating pain where the flu shot was given (upper right arm/near shoulder). I inquired if is due to a possible torn muscle tissue or ligament. He checked his medical records and told me that it could very well be due to when the shot was administered. He said that the pain is due to nerve damage. He advised me to wait a few more days and in the event the pain has not subsided to return to the CVS pharmacy for him to write/submit an incident report. If I am asked to sign this document and it contains a medical liability release clause can I delete that portion before signing it? However, I presume that the document that I signed prior to receiving the flu shot already addressed this exemption from CVS liability.
1/15/2018

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

You should not be going to a pharmacist if you are having issues with the shot you received. You need to go to a doctor and get examined to determine exactly the cause of the issue. Until you have a doctor determine the cause of the issue, you have no idea if the pharmacist is legally liable for causing the harm or if this is just a side effect of the shot for which you cannot hold him liable. You should not sign any release of liability at all until you go see the doctor and they determine what the problem is and the cause. If they determine the pharmacist did nothing wrong in giving the injection, then you can sign the waiver. If they determine the cause of your pain is from the injection being improperly given, then you would not sign any waiver and you would seek a local attorney to sue the pharmacist for negligently giving the injection.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.