Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

VA TORT LAWYERS DENIED SF95 on 20 December 2017. They said…

VA TORT LAWYERS DENIED...

VA TORT LAWYERS DENIED SF95 on 20 December 2017. They said they would mail a letter and to date no letter has been sent. Can I file without the letter?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to anyone in the chain of command about this?

Left messages and email but no return calls...

1/15/2018
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean "they denied...but did not send a letter"...how did you receive notice of the denial if not by letter?

They told me in a phone call. Won't send the letter. I am not sure what to do. I am very sick and running out of time. I need to file this.

Thank you

What do you mean "running out of time"

1. what was the date of the malpractice?

2. when did you file the SF95?

1. I am sick.
2. September 13,2017
learned of the medical malpractice in 2017.
Thank you. So what is your question today? are you asking if you can file the lawsuit now?
um yes, even though I don't have the letter

Thanks
Technically, you have to wait for the agency to deny you...and they do so in writing. From that date (from the date you receive the written response) you have 6 months to file a lawsuit.

So IF they have not responded in writing? Then the 6 month clock has not started.

That said, if you are anxious to file, and they provided you oral notice of the denial? YOu could file based on that oral notice.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney
ok thank you very much.
P. Simmons, Attorney