Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Had surgery 2 years ago to remove gallbladder and mass by…

Customer Question
Had surgery 2 years...

Had surgery 2 years ago to remove gallbladder and mass by stomach. Had the same symptoms after surgery. Went to different doctor and had same tests run. He said it looked like a gastric bypass. He did surgery again. Problem has finally been fixed. The first surgery was a big waste. I suffered with vomiting every time I ate or horrible stomach pains for 2 years. Now I have 2 hospital stays and many duplicate tests to pay for. I had ultrasounds ct scans MRI. 2 endoscopes. Don't know what I'm able to do. Is malpractice an option for their negligence. The second surgery scar is in the exact same place as the first.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

Texas I could get them I think. My PCP has the paperwork from first surgery

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No I am not sure what to do

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
1/8/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

In order for you to file a suit for medical malpractice, which seems to be what you are describing here, under Texas law you need to get a medical expert to write a expert report explaining how the conduct of the first doctor was negligent and why. Without the expert report within 120 days of you filing suit any malpractice suit has to be dismissed.

So, what you describe does sound like malpractice, but in order to sue you will need a medical expert to write a report before you can get a medical malpractice attorney to file suit. You can get a local medical malpractice attorney at the same site used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

I understand your current doctor has the documents, but he would have to write the report as to how the first surgery was negligent and below the reasonable standard of care.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney