Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I was injured on the job in 2012 and have had 3 surgeries on…

Customer Question
I was injured on the...
I was injured on the job in 2012 and have had 3 surgeries on my right shoulder and it didn't turn out well. I lost my career and a lot of the medical bills have been put thru my insurance also meds. I have an attorney who is not representing me at all. I had to hire another attorney so I could get ssdi. would like to know how to fire him and find someone that is good with work comp cases
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/6/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 1 month ago
Infolawyer, Attorney
On review of your facts, you have a good case.martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.New counsel would terminate and handle the matter.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.You stand to recover not only your actual losses (compensatory damages) but also interest, costs and legal fees. on occasion special damages (punitive damages) are also available. By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
when I've spoken to other attorneys the tell me to work it out with this guy and won't accept my case. I have built his case for him I was a police officer so not new to law so what just keep looking and jump
I would change counsel once you find someone ready to take over. The directories I mentioned are very good. While settlement is a likely eventual outcome the lawyer has to push for trial and maximize the recovery!
Good luck. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy new year!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
Infolawyer, Attorney