Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Sorry got disconnected. Texas. This is a defamtion

Customer Question
Hello, sorry got disconnected. ...

Hello, sorry got disconnected.

Lawyer's Assistant: In what state did the injury take place? And do you have medical records or other documentation?

Texas. This is a defamtion case..does this fall under personal injury?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

You are a bot? (meaning robot auto response?)

Lawyer's Assistant: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only if efamation falls uner personal injury. That way I now I am not being sent to wrong attorney field.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
1/4/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Longhorn Lawyer, Attorney replied 3 months ago
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Attorney

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: Yes. Texas statues categorize defamation as a cause of action for liability under tort law. That is, defamation is an act which causes a personal injury to another.

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer
Longhorn Lawyer, Attorney