Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Does Ohio and Pa have stacking laws for auto insurance? My…

Customer Question
Does Ohio and Pa have...
Does Ohio and Pa have stacking laws for auto insurance? My mom and I was in an auto accident and was hit by a drunk driver. We're a little confused about what states allow it and don't. What makes it more confusing is that there are several policies in play. The accident was in Ohio, it involved the drunk driver from PA and insured in PA. I was driving my dads truck so his policy was PA. My mom was in the truck and she was insured in PA. My insurance was in Ohio. We all had liberty mutual for insurance except for the drunk driver which he had Erie insurance. I need to know if stacking comes into play here.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
1/4/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 6 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Both OH and PA allow for stacking of uninsured/under insured motorist policies in accidents. So, in both states, you would be allowed to use your under insured/uninsured motorist policies on top of one another (stacked) to provide coverage for the damages you have sustained as a result of the accident.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.