Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My husband was recently hospitalized with a severe case of…

Customer Question
My husband was recently...

My husband was recently hospitalized with a severe case of sepsis which was caused by a block in his right kidney that filled with urine. The blockage in his kidney also caused a UTI. His neurologist was aware of a kidney stone in his right kidney since the beginning of 2017. He had a procedure to break up kidney stones in his left kidney in either Jan or Feb. and was told by his Urologist that she would monitor the right kidney, but no follow up was done. While in the hospital, there was no communication with me from doctors since his admission. He was moved from the ICU without my knowledge. He was then moved to another room without my knowledge. He has since been in a skilled nursing and sub-acute center....no communication with me from the admission services manager, doctor, or nurse. He was also admitted without my knowledge.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Not yet as I have been advised to get a Ombudsman before doing anything or talking to anyone at the hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Is this going to cost me anything?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 6 days by:
1/9/2018
Personal Injury Lawyer: Attorney2, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Attorney2
Attorney2, Attorney

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

The site asked me to check with you to see if you still needed assistance. Please let me know it would be my pleasure to assist you.