Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I'm not sure that this is the correct venue; What the FDA…

Customer Question
I'm not sure that...

I'm not sure that this is the correct venue; What the FDA and AMA take on chiropractors using cold laser for treatment of a cervical spine pinched nerve?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am 81 years old and this injury occurred over 35 years ago and I now having pain and numbness in my arms and hands.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/30/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Gerald, Esq, Lawyer replied 1 month ago
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me while I review your question. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow-up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience, including extensive experience in the regulation of health care professionals. I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

The practice of chiropractic is regulated in Arizona by the State Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The Board is charged with enforcing the statute and regulations.

The Arizona Statute defines the scope of practice of Chiropractic in Arizona. The law provides the following:

32-925. Practice of chiropractic; limitations

A. A doctor of chiropractic is a portal of entry health care provider who engages in the practice of health care that includes:

1. The diagnosis and correction of subluxations, functional vertebral or articular dysarthrosis or neuromuscular skeletal disorders for the restoration and maintenance of health.

2. Physical and clinical examinations, diagnostic x-rays and clinical laboratory procedures that are limited to urine collection, finger pricks or venipuncture in order to determine the propriety of a regimen of chiropractic care or to form a basis for referral of patients to other licensed health care professionals, or both.

3. Treatment by:

(a) Physical medicine modalities, therapeutic procedures and adjustment of the spine or bodily articulations.

(b) Procedures related to the correction of subluxations and neuromuscular skeletal disorders.

(c) Prescription of orthopedic supports.

(d) Acupuncture.

B. A doctor of chiropractic licensed under this chapter shall not prescribe or administer medicine or drugs, perform surgery or practice obstetrics.

https://www.azleg.gov/FormatDocument.asp?inDoc=/ars/32/00925.htm&Title=32&DocType=ARS

A Cold laser is a non invasive, non surgical, physical medicine modality. It therefore falls within the definition of chiropractic. See:

https://www.coldlasers.org/therapy/What-is-cold-laser-therapy/

You can learn more about the Board here:

https://chiroboard.az.gov/

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow-up questions, feel free to ask.

If you ask a follow-up question and I do not respond immediately, it is because I am temporarily unavailable. I promise to respond as soon as I return. Please note that I am often unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response, PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or, if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you, and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald

Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer