Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I went to a ProMedica OB-GYN physician for a PAP smear.

Customer Question
I went to a...

I went to a ProMedica OB-GYN physician for a PAP smear. During my exam, he did not perform the usual PAP procedure, instead he only swabbed my labia for lab analysis. He is being accused of sexual assault and sexual misconduct during my visit.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

This incident happened in Sylvania, Ohio Office and I am from Monroe, MI

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I reported this incident to ProMedica Risk Management and The State of Ohio Board of Physicians. This happened Aug 1, 2017. Four weeks later I reported it to the Sylvania Police. The lab who did the first initial lab analysis was at the ProMedica Toledo Hospital.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Then the police got a warrant to get the slide for DNA testing and was sent to their criminal forensic lab in bowling green ohio.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/30/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What is your question for us about all of this situation?

Infolawyer, Attorney