Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

In May, 2017 we were rear ended by two boys from Denmark in…

Customer Question
In May, 2017 we...

In May, 2017 we were rear ended by two boys from Denmark in a car rented from Hertz. Our car was a rental also. The boys are back in Denmark. Hertz refuses to pay and our insurance is demanded is submit our $500 deductible. Police report shows we were not at fault. Hertz was in error by renting the car to underage driver. We should not be forced to pay $500 and lose $250 which we incurred in expenses because of the accident. Our carrier is threatening legal action against us to collect deductible. Please advise what our options are.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a Danish lawyer about this?

No way. Cannot afford that. Our insurance company should be going to bat for us.

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

We have sent all police reports, statements, etc. to both insurance companies. We spoke to Sedgewick, which insured our rental car.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The accident took place in Port Clinton, OH, USA.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/27/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

If Hertz is denying liability, you would need to sue Hertz for failing to verify the age of the Danish renters and giving them a car to rent, even though they were underage.

If you can prove their negligence led to your damages then you will prevail and the court will award the damages proximately caused by Hertz's negligence.

Infolawyer, Attorney