Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Now my son has his american passport and ssi no. we now

Customer Question
reside in manila philippines, since...
now my son has his american passport and ssi no. we now reside in manila philippines, since im still n the home can i bring him to the usa, we have not filed any papers with the court system there, will i be charged with chiled abduction
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
i have not yet received a response
12/26/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 3 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand...what does this have to do with child abduction?

well i dont know if I have to have my wifes permission to have him travel out of the country

Out of the US? Or the PI?

well i dont know if I have to have my wifes permission to have him travel out of the country. P I

So the child is a US citizen? Or citizen of PI?

well i dont know if I have to have my wifes permission to have him travel out of the country. P I us.citizen has U S passport born in the philippines and has not yet left the philippines. we obtained his passport ans ssi # thru the U S embassy in manila

I have to opt out...this is a question for an attorney with experience in PI law.

ok will i have to re ask the question or will he or she view this screen
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 3 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, your previous contributor left.

If the child is traveling with the father for the first time out of the country, you will need an authorization certificate filled out and approved by Philippines immigration. The forms will require signatures of both parents or a court order specifying that you have sole authority and custody over the child. If your wife will consent, then it is no issue obtaining the necessary travel documents from http://www.dswd.gov.ph and completing them with necessary signatures.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney