Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I need to speak to someone about infrasound harrasment.

Customer Question
I need to speak...

I need to speak to someone about infrasound harrasment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I have reported it many times to no avail. the police tole me not to call.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have an entire letter to explain my situation. who do I send it too?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/24/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

We DO NOT NEED your whole letter, we just need a brief description of the situation and your specific question for us to answer for you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
On Nov. 15th, at five o’clock in the morning, I woke up with a trembling. I have never experienced anything like it before. From head to toe I trembled for about an hour and suddenly it stopped. Though my experience was frightening, I put it in the back of my mind because I didn’t want to scare my son. T became dizzy began shortly after and remain dizzy to this day... I knew that something was coming out of the apartment above. I could actually feel it hitting my shoulders and forehead, Yet, there was nothing there. A week or so passed and pains in my arms and legs became unbearable and the dizzy spell continued.
I remembered that my phone had a sound wave detector application and my son helped me with the install, and taught me how to use it. I went from room to room checking the level of sound waves. I held the wave meter up along the walls and there it was. Each wall in each room measured lower than 20 hz through our the apartment. The apartment on the second floor and mine have identical floor plans.
I looked at the sound meter registering below 20hz. By that time, I was experiencing headaches all day long.
I called the owner/manager (Davee Kaplan) and let her know what was taking place. She made excuses for the new tenant as all she wanted was the rent paid on time. I am including my written communication to Ms. Kaplan about this matter.
I called the police a number of times to no avail. They simply walked through her apartment and looked around and said that it was nothing. I explained that the problem were the low frequency sound waves being directed at the rooms in my apartment through the floors. They didn’t want to hear about sound waves and never allowed me to explain. They never allowed me to show them any of the information collected about gang stalking, or electronic harassment. They looked at nothing, and they were going to do nothing. A week and a half ago, a fight broke out at apartment B. (same lady of which I am speaking,) and I called the police. My son and I went down to the station because we were now being accused of calling in a false report. An officer stepped out to tell my son and I that the police were discussing my calls. And that they believed that I had a mental problem and transferred it to my son. The Desk-Sargent visited my apartment and told me to move out of the building. He went on to say that there was nothing going on, not to call the police again, and not to bother the woman in apartment B. We don’t! When she sees us, she just laughs.
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 1 month ago

Thank you for your reply.

These cases are complex because the police or landlords do not ever believe it can happen. There is a step by step process you have to follow and it requires more than an app on your phone.

1) You need to get a professional sound technician into the apartment to run sound tests on the apartment. They may be able to suggest some simple soundproofing and that sometimes ends the problem. However, if not, then you need to get them to write a report for you.

2) Armed with the report from the sound expert, you need to go to see your doctor, because you need to have a complete physical and mental health examination AND the doctor has to connect the ailments you are suffering to the sound waves that are identified in the report from the sound expert.

3) THEN once you have both the sound expert report and the medical report, you have basis to sue the landlord and the tenant above you both for the harm they are causing you through the sound waves.

If you do not follow the three steps in order, then you will rarely if ever build a successful case on this matter.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney