Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

I took a pill last year and I was informed that the pills…

Customer Question
Hello. I took a...

Hello. I took a pill last year and I was informed that the pills had been recalled. I ended up having to be taken from work in an ambulance. Do I have a case?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Illinois

Lawyer's Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?

I tried contacting several lawyers, but no return calls. I kept the bottles of pills, I had stopped taking them and seeing the doctor who prescribed them to me as he's the one who informed the pills had been recalled after the fact.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was taking these pills for issues w/ IBS, ulcer and heartburn. I had my gallbladder removed a few weeks ago, but the doctor who prescribed me these pills had also found sludge in my gallbladder 2 yrs ago. Now I'm no longer on those meds as it was my gallbladder that was giving me the problems

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/22/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 month ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

You would have a case if you can prove that you have suffered adverse reactions as result of taking the medications. Unfortunately, I cannot tell you whether you have a case just by looking at your post here. In order to determine if you have a case, your medical history would need to be reviewed and then determination made whether the taking of the drug caused damages to you or aggravated pre-existing conditions.

The type of Attorneys you should be looking for are the ones who handle product liability cases or consumer Attorneys. If you are having trouble finding an Attorney, you may have to file the lawsuit yourself. Most Courts have Court generated complaint forms that you can use to start your case. You can obtain these forms on the Clerk's office or on the Court's website.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys and product liability Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law