Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Personal Injury Law

My husbanddeveloped alzs., advanced due to an open heart…

Customer Question
My husbanddeveloped alzs., advanced...

My husbanddeveloped alzs., advanced due to an open heart surgery,seizures, etc He is now in an assisted living facility, and they are taking all of social security.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

N. c. ny late husband dies prematerly. Can i get his social security?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Did my questons not go thru?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am almost 81, and am barely living I still have our cat, a car, and cannot live on what i get...$1065, month

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/19/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 2 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

If you r husband deceases here and you are widow you would get his full benefit at that time.It is called survivor benefit.As long as he is alive and in Assisted Living Medicaid keeps his social security as his part of the cost of his care.But again if he deceases you will get his full benefits.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again.Let me know if you have more, I want to answer anything you have here .

If you can positive rate 5 stars when we are done it is much appreciated.

RayAnswers
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney