Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I am one of multiple defendants in a lawsuit involving a…

I am one of multiple...
I am one of multiple defendants in a lawsuit involving a single family home that I sold. The buyer (plaintiff) found many issues with the home after purchase. Plaintiff is claiming fraud and conspiracy among the parties. Plaintiff had a home inspection and appraisal that did not show many of the defects that were later found.I owned the home for 9 years prior to selling and had my own home inspection done at that time. I did not refer to it when I filled out the disclosures for the recent sale, and had forgotten a lot of the information, or that I even had still had it. I just found that inspection from when I bought the house 9 years ago and, to my horror, it does contain information that I neglected to disclose.Some if it is relevant to the case, and some isn't. My question is can they use my home inspection from 10 years ago as evidence against me? No one has asked for it yet, we haven't entered into discovery but are still answering the complaint.
12/16/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you. If it makes a difference, I am in Rhode Island.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

Your Question:

My question is can they use my home inspection from 10 years ago as evidence against me?

Response: Regrettably, yes, if they are successful in getting a subpoena for the record.

I am sorry that I do not have better news for you.

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you.

You are quite Welcome! and thank you very much for the positive rating.

All the best,

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law