Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

At froedtert hospital department of oral surgery I had 3…

Customer Question
At froedtert hospital department of...
At froedtert hospital department of oral surgery I had 3 surgeries done on my broken Jaw. The 1st surgery was done in Illinois and done incorrectly I was referred to froedtert by my pain doctor. When I broke my jaw in 2 places they only plated me in the middle of my mandible and on the side they didn't do anything because the doctor said he didn't feel qualified and they just wired me up thinking the side would grow back OK. Well it did not and that's why I went to froedtert. It took them 3 surgeries to get my bite right because the 2nd surgery the screws were coming lose. I am in a lot of nerve pain because of this and that's not where the fault is. Where the fault is is the last surgery when they took the plate out and did Bone revision on me to get me ready to have implants they left a screw in me they said sometimes that is normal if you can't get the screw out so they filed it down to the bone and left it because the head broke. At that point they said it had to heal. This was last November in January I had surgery to get me ready for the implants They did and my implants were put in. They said it would have to be 6 months before I could get the actual implants. I went back 3 times complaining that something was wrong my pain was getting worse than it normally was. Understand at this point and had been ywo and a half years since I broke my jaw in 2 places And 5 surgeries later. I understand I have TMJ now and Scar tissue is painful. But I am in so much pain I can't even talk and I have lost 20 pounds because I can't eat my teeth hurt and my gums so bad all they tell me is to go to physical therapy and massage the area. Finally when I go back for the 3rd time complaining I am in pain and to get my permanet screws put in for the implants and attendant comes in and says I'm sorry I was over listening you say you're in pain I said yes I have been telling them this for almost a year that the pain is getting worse not better. Finally the new attending tells the residents to order CT. Well I am in the Room when it comes out and I can see the screw clear as day. It's exactly where my pain is and it has come out of the bone and is in my gums I say what is that because they never told me they left a screw in me. So now I'm month later I am there for my pre up visit they pull out the films to tell me how they're gonna take it out and I say to them where are my implants the reason why I ask them this is because in the film they show me all you see is the screw coming out and no implants so they knew about this in January And I kept coming back complaining about pain and they didn't do anything about it and they knew that screw was coming out In January when they put my implants in! I came back several times after that complaining I was in pain no imaging was done and all they would suggest is I rub it and go see a pain doctor or physical therapist had they open my chart and looked they would have known the screw was right there so I stayed in unnecessary pain for almost a year! I had the surgery last Monday I still have TMJI still have nerve pain but the excruciating pain that kept me on the couch in on pain killers for almost a year is gone. This is so clear cut that they only a year of my life back and I should have had to have paid for this surgery. So my question is do you know a good lawyer that will take my case I live in Illinois and not charge me anything up front because I don't have the funds I have tons of medical bills Ask for a large sum and take their cut
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
I paid 39.95 to have advice within 48 hours. If I do not received legal aid response please refund my money.
Answered in 4 days by:
12/19/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

What you are properly complaining about is malpractice, since they not only misdiagnosed you, they improperly left a foreign object in you and caused you severe pain and suffering. So, under IL law, you must have a written report from a medical expert regarding the negligence of not handling the screw removal and the other issues immediately before any attorney will touch your case, because they cannot even file a malpractice suit without a medical expert written report. See: 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. § 5/2-622.

So once you get that information, all medical malpractice attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis, so they generally never charge up front. We cannot make a personal referral to any attorneys, as IL is a huge state with many fine medical malpractice attorneys and you can get one at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.superlawyers.com

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

I already knew all this information this is not very helpful. It's my understanding I have to have a Wisconsin lawyer. In addition it's awesome my understanding that the lawyer has expert medical Staff that can review the case and put just that in writing for them it's not my responsibility to go out and get it. malpractice attorneys have physicians that work for them And review these cases
You're asking for $59 for you to call me I've already paid 39 I'm asking for a good Wisconsin malpractice attorney please

Thank you for your reply.

If you read my first response, I SPECIFICALLY TOLD YOU that phone call requests are NOT sent by the experts and feel free to ignore them, because as experts we have no control to stop the site from sending them. I apologize for that inconvenience, but please feel free to ignore the additional phone service request it is beyond my control to stop you from getting them.

It is not necessarily true that medical malpractice attorneys have "expert medical staff that can review the case and put just that in writing for them." Some malpractice attorneys may have doctors in some specialties they deal with regularly, but generally they will do the same thing you can do, go to a local doctor that specializes in implants and the surgery you had and get them to not just review the files but they will need to examine you as well. Medical malpractice attorneys are not "one stop shops" and many will not take a case unless the client has a medical expert saying that the first doctor was negligent.

Wisconsin is a large state as well, so while I would be willing to direct you to a few of the top rated medical malpractice attorneys, you need to let us know what area of the state you are in and what major city you are close to.

This screw was not from my implant. It was from the plate put in my jaw when it was broken. They removed One of the plates when they Built up the bone before they put in the implants and left one of the screws. This is the screw that started to work its way out that is shown on two Cats. I'm not quite sure you're understanding what I'm saying I am in northern Illinois Lake County
Closest city would be Kenosha

Thank you for your reply.

I understand it was from fixing your broken jaw, sorry if it came across otherwise.

Sorry, I thought you were in Wisconsin, my mistake, don't know why I thought that when I did read IL and gave you the IL law.

Okay, the best malpractice attorneys in your area would be out of Chicago,
1) Steve Seidman: https://www.seidmanlaw.net/

2) Bruce Goodman: https://www.sgklawyers.com/

3) Bruce Pfaff: https://www.pfaffgill.com/

4) James Karamanis: https://www.theillinoispersonalinjurylawyers.com/

Those would be the medical malpractice attorneys in your vicinity that other attorneys would consider the go to attorneys in that specialty.

I am in Illinois the lawyer that I need has to be out of Wisconsin the law said I need a wisconsin lawyer. I don't understand why we are having trouble communicating I have asked several times for a wisconsin lawyer Then I told you the closest Wisconsin city I would be near would be kenosha. I have already had 2 lawyers from Illinois try and help me and they have told me I would have to retain a wisconsin attorney Based on Wisconsin law. I am not feeling very satisfied with the service I feel like we're doing a lot of back-and-forth here If you cannot provide me with some really good Wisconsin malpractice attorneys that I am going to have to ask for my money back

Thank you for your reply.

I asked you about Wisconsin and you told me "I'm not quite sure you're understanding what I'm saying I am in northern Illinois Lake County" so that is why it seems we are miscommunicating. You made me think I had it wrong when I asked you about Wisconsin.

So this is why you and I are having miscommunication issues, you are all over the place and have confused the entire situation. I am very sorry though, but you did indeed confuse me and the situation.

The best attorneys for your situation would be based out of Milwaukee in this case:

1) ***** *****: https://www.martin-law-office.com/

2) Merrick Domnitz: https://domnitzlaw.com/

3) Don Prachthauser: https://www.murphyprachthauser.com/

These are the top rated medial malpractice go to guys in the Milwaukee area who can handle cases in Kenosha as well.

I think this is where text messaging or email and get people in trouble with communication. You stated Wisconsin was a big area and you wanted to know where I was closest to that is why I said I was in northern Illinois and I was Closest to Kenosha. I'm glad we are on the same page now. I will contact these lawyers thank you

Thank you for your reply AND your understanding about how emails and text messaging CAN cause issues and confusion. Yes, they certainly can.

Thank you for recognizing that as well.