Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My dog went to a groomer he was walking and running in now…

Customer Question
My dog went to...

My dog went to a groomer he was walking and running in now he's not running know more or walking good, i took him to the Vet and the doctor said that he had a bad back, that could be true but with a bad back. He still ran and walked good, now he's not eating are walking good. Can you give me a call I love my dog a lot i think he's not going to make it. Can you please please call me 1-***-***-****

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Louisville Kentucky

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Know

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I will tell him or her more about it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/9/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good afternoon, I am an attorney expert with the JustAnswer website, and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office. I have a near 100% customer satisfaction rate, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Personal Injury Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

I'm so sorry to hear this happened. Give me just a few minutes to type up some information for you, thanks!

Personal Injury Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 7 months ago

Thanks for your patience while I typed up my response.

Again, I'm so sorry to hear this happened.

Unfrotunately I don't have the best news for you -- the problem here is the report from the vet, he didn't say that there was any recent injury cause, but rather that there seems to be some preexisting condition.

In order to sue the groomer for injury to your dog, you would have to be able to prove causation.

I understand that your dog was fine before he went in, and not fine when he came out -- but in a lawsuit you would need evidence in order to win a judgment against the groomer, and the vet has reported that there wasn't any injury.

I'm sorry to not have better news for you, but unfortunately that leaves you without much legal recourse.

You could consider getting a second opinion from another vet, that may change things.

I hope that helps!

Please let me know if you have any other questions. Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!