Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

In a care concerning water damage, can medical expenses be…

Customer Question
In a care concerning...

In a care concerning water damage, can medical expenses be considered in Michigan. I am the plaintiff. The attorney for the defense said I cannot request medical expenses in my amended complaint.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed? If so, what?

Yes. Initially, I filed in small claims court. The defendant moved my complaint to the civil court.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And can you tell me what's been officially filed?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes, but it concerns a more lengthy question. Can I try back latter with a second question?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/2/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If the case is involving PROPERTY DAMAGE, the party cannot claim medical expenses or emotional distress or pain and suffering. Property damage entitles the party to seek the actual value of the damages only, nothing more.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.