Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I recently learned that i am a defendant in an action where…

Customer Question
Hi there:I recently learned that...
Hi there:I recently learned that i am a defendant in an action where my sister is suing the MTA after: I the vehicle driver (registered and insured under my fathers name), she the passenger - were hit by an MTA truck. However, i am not sure how or whom to inform that i have yet to be served. I got lucky to only find out since my parents lives in the same building on the 1st floor and i on the third. Unfortunately, the action is at the Answer stage where the MTA provided its answer and i have yet to send in anything. Please advise what i should do in order to respond and request the documents to review then answer.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
12/1/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Infolawyer, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Infolawyer, Attorney

Hello and welcome. I am working on your answer and will be right back!

You can check with the court clerk if an affidavit of service has been filed. You can also go ahead and file an answer raising no service as a defense along with other defenses you have. You can answer pro se or through a lawyer. If completely wrongly named, you can file a motion to dismiss supported by affidavit.

Kindly let me know if that is acceptable.

I guess i should call the clerk at my county of residence to confirm?
I am afraid i will not be able to take the time off to do that so should i just answer pro se and file in accordance to what ? Do i provide the atty for the plaintiff (Sister) with a copy? What is the best way to do this. Please elaborate,.

Yes

You would normally check to see if filed or retain counsel to handle this including responding with an answer and coordinating with counsel for other defendants.

Kindly confirm my replies are acceptable by responding "yes" or "acceptable"

Awaiting your reply, thank you!
Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!