Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My husband got arrested two days ago and he wanted to. Sue…

Customer Question
My husband got arrested...

My husband got arrested two days ago and he wanted to. Sue the police officer for obsessive force he has a message missing tooth face swollen and hand messed up how do we go about getting the process done

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?

This happened on November 28 2017 at 8 PM and this is in Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No he in jail he was spent to the hospital first then to jail that's what we trying to figure out how the process works and how do I get someone to go take pictures for proof

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Do he has a good chance in suing the police department and winning
11/30/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

If your husband suffered injuries during his arrest and he was not resisting the arrest, then you need to get him an attorney immediately, as they would be the only one who could get access to your husband and get pictures taken of his injuries. So, at this point you need to hire an attorney to represent him and would have to prove that your husband was not resisting the officers who were arresting him and in that case any force used would be excessive and as such he would have a good chance of winning his case.

If they prove he did resist arrest, then they had a right to use whatever force was necessary to overcome his resistance.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.