Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

What is that called when you are involved in an auto

Customer Question
accident.There is less damage to...
What is that called when you are involved in an auto accident.There is less damage to the vehicle. The impact force transfered to driver. The driver sustain more of the injury damage.
Can you explain or send me a link
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/29/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Patrick, Esq., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney

Hello and welcome. I must confess I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Can you clarify your question perhaps?

Auto accident
Alot of damage to vehicle the drive sustain little injury. (Thus the car sustain the injury).
Less damage to a vehicle. Driver sustain the injury because it was transferred to driver.Something like that

Thank you.

I am not aware of a specific term that describes this and I practice personal injury law and routinely deal with car accidents. I would simply describe the effect as a "direct transfer of energy" from the at-fault driver's vehicle to the plaintiff/victim. Since the car did not absorb the energy by collapsing, the car was jolted more violently by the impact and the victim bore the brunt of the force. Sort of the equivalent to falling wrapped in bubble wrap (which pops and folds to absorb the impact) versus falling directly skin and bone onto the hard floor.

I would just try explaining this in your demand letter to the at-fault driver's insurance. The phenomenon you are describing is well known and understood. In my experience it applies lot when a TRUCK is rear ended. Trucks have very stiff rear ends because they are designed to carry loads in the back. So when a truck is rear ended it will not crumple and there is usually very little visible damage, even when the transfer of energy is enormous. This can happen with cars, too, though.

I hope this helps.

Was there anything else I can do for you?

Hello again,

I just wanted to followup with you to make sure that you did not have any further questions or concerns. For some unknown reason, the experts are not always getting replies or ratings (which is how we get credit for our work) that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I have not yet received either. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the site administrator.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed.

Very best wishes.

Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq.
Patrick, Esq., Attorney