Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My son was brutally raped in prison, had surgery, i wanted…

Customer Question
My son was brutally...

My son was brutally raped in prison, had surgery, i wanted to sue the govt, but his medical file has been thrown away. there is no proof of him ever having surgery, what do i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

This is the virgin islands where there is no statute of limitation

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Es. swent a letter to the director of the criminal divison and he refuses to reply and that is from a long while back, what to do i do, or can i do

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My son was told if he mentions it to anyone he or i or his brother will be kiloled. this place is so corrupt.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/29/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

You cannot sue the government, you could get your son a civil rights attorney locally and they could sue the prison on behalf of your son for violating his civil rights if his injury was the result of something that the prison or its employees caused to happen through their acts or failure to act.

In order to sue the government, under the state sovereignty laws, you have to show the government entity was more than just normally negligent, you have to show they were GROSSLY negligent, meaning violating some law or statute that they were bound to follow.

If they violated his civil rights, you need to get him a local attorney to pursue the prison for his injuries.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.