Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

Im in Illinois and injured my back in Chicago at my job a…

Customer Question
Im in Illinois and injured...
Im in Illinois and injured my back in Chicago at my job a month ago.Im a full time union worker who had my attorney file a workers compensation claim after my duty disability was denied by my employer. Since the claim was filed a couple of weeks ago everything ( forms, bosses/adjuster )with my emplorer has become very stressful. I like my attorney but having to run every form/call by him and then talking to my employer has become to much. I was just wondering, can i stop the claim and tell my attorney I no longer want to continue with it, that ill just go on ordinary Disability, which is what my employer would like me to do. I know its probably in my best effort to keep the claim active but I cant continue with this back and forth and being the middle man between my employer and attorney. Any advice?
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
11/28/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: RayAnswers, Attorney replied 7 months ago
RayAnswers
RayAnswers, Attorney

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

This is your choice here.Assuming that your ordinary disability will cover you this maybe an option.You can just notify your lawyer that you decided to go in this direction and he will withdraw your claim.I can understand why you would want to do this.I don't see a problem if this is the direction you want to go.Notify the lawyer in writing of your decision and ask for your case files back.

I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.

If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.