Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

My right two may be amputated because of my doctors in

My right two may...

My right two may be amputated because of my doctors in Hawaii. I am getting care here in California. I want to sue them because of negligence, because they never checked within the last 6 months if the infection had gone to the bone. It has eaten most of the bone away so I have to have that surgically removed.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

The doctors I am talking about negligence are in Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No not yet. I really don't even know where to begin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Well yes if I have a case or not

I am sorry it's my right Great toe
11/23/2017
legalg
legalg, Attorney

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am very sorry to hear this; hopefully the doctors intervened soon enough and will be able to help prevent this.

Medical malpractice is based on negligence. Negligence is defined as a failure to perform with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances. The behavior usually consists of actions, but may consist of omissions when there is some duty to act. This cause of action has 5 elements: the existence of a legal duty to exercise reasonable care; a failure to exercise reasonable care; harm caused by the negligent conduct; physical harm of actual damages; and proximate cause (reasonably foreseeable damages).

So if the doctor provided negligent care in that they failed to perform routine follow up that would constitute a basis for a medical malpractice claim. Since there are damages such as medical expenses, future medical expenses, quality of life damages, pain and suffering and punitive damages in such cases, it is important to hire an attorney so that they can accurately assess such damages after engaging services of specialists and other professionals. Such attorneys typically work on a contingency fee basis.

The statute of limitations for filing such a suit is 2 years; please see:

http://files.hawaii.gov/dcca/oah/forms/micp_/MICP_Guide_2013.pdf

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

legalg
legalg, Attorney
Fast response. I will take the advice!

Thank you for the positive rating; the best to you on this. Take care.