Personal Injury Law

Personal Injury Law Question? Ask Personal Injury Lawyers.

I got disconnected from you. I was the one who explained the…

Customer Question
I got disconnected from...

I got disconnected from you. I was the one who explained the situation where someone is trying to cause harm to my reputation

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Do I need to give details for you so he has more info?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Personal Injury Law
I was separated from my husband for a few months during end of spring and beginning of summer. During that time I engaged in relations with a man who told me that he and his fiancé were estranged. There were a few times that he seized an opportunity while I was extremely intoxicated to take nude pics of me and filmed me having sex with him with the promise that he would not get my face in and that he would delete them immediately. He claimed that he had done so and I believed him. We ended things 2 months before my husband and I got back together. Last night, my husband received and email from his fiancé who told him that they are actually married and exaggerated all of the facts, trying to convince him that we have been having an ongoing affair that never stopped. She also said that I was supplying him with cocaine, which is completely false. She also added some of the pictures he took of me as proof.
This woman is known to be very vengeful from what I have heard from the people who know her. She and that guy are also well acquainted with my entire family who are very well known in the community. She has access to their email addresses, home addresses, and phone numbers. I am concerned that since my husband did not give her the reaction she was probably hoping for, that she will attempt to send all of that information, including the false ones and pictures to people in my family. Which would cause a lot of emotional distress and damage to my reputation.
My family is extremely well known and respected in this town. They pride themselves on image and their business is successful because of the fact that they have great reputations and people respect and trust them. If something like this were to get out in public or if they were to find out, it would not only cause a strain on my relationships with them but it may even cause harm to their businesses.
I'm also a well respected teacher who has worked all my life to get to where I am now. I have NEVER been the type of person who would want to become a home wrecker. Had I known that he was married or even if he was just engaged, I would have never even considered pursuing a relationship with him. I made it clear to him from the start that I don't engage in relations with men who are already committed to someone and he assured me that he was not in a committed relationship with anyone.
However, it seems as though he has indicated to her that I am the one at fault, probably with the hope that the light would shine on me instead of him. However, this information that she gave my husband is completely over exaggerated and at least 90% false.
Sorry about all this writing. This is the last one. Also, I am a recovering Coke addict who has devoted almost 2 months to a life of sobriety which includes attending AA meeting at least 4 days a week and working on my steps. I am finally gaining everyone's trust, support, and respect back. Meanwhile, she is telling my husband that I have been supplying this guy with cocaine. This is completely false and a lie like this could ruin everything I've worked so hard at gaining back and it would all be for something I didn't even do. Since the beginning of October I've been getting drug tested randomly twice a week and have not had a single dirty test. If this deceitful falsehood gets spread to the AA community, i would be looked at as something I'm not.
AA is the only place I can go where I can honestly feel somewhat more sane. I leave those meetings with hope and confidence that I can conquer this nasty addiction. I am highly concerned that she will somehow spread those same lies to other members in recovery which would ultimatel cause everyone to question me. If that were to occur, I would truly never be able to show my face at meetings again which is frustrating because i know that this so devistatig to me. Would this be considered malicious slander because most of her accusations are completely false. Right now, my biggest fear is losing my husband and kids over something that never transpired. What should I do???
Answered in 2 days by:
11/24/2017
Personal Injury Lawyer: WiseOwl58, Attorney replied 4 months ago
WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney

would you like a phone call to discuss this in more detail?

Infolawyer, Attorney